Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Friday, March 28, 2008

*STAYING FOCUSED*


Staying focused is a lot of college kids problem, there is so much going on around us. Sometimes is very easy to lose focus on what you are doing, and most of the times we would be losing focus to things that we can control. Things like getting on myspace or even facebook too much, which can lead us to delaying on finishing a paper or even a project. Staying focused is something that takes a great skill in doing, and its something that I have been good on and something that I am getting better with as the days go by. Last semester, I would catch myself being on facebook and myspace alot, watching tv and playing the game, and even going to the gym. This semester, the library is my second home, I go to the library as least twice a day. While im there, I dont get on facebook or myspace, I just focus on what I have to do pretaining to my studies. Then, when I get back to my room is when I would do the ohter things that I want to do. My family pounds in my head all the time,STAY FOCUS, STAY FOCUS, STAY FOCUS. Now that's all I can think of is staying focus!

• • •

4 Comments:

Blogger my_future93 said...

Hey my name is Quierra. This really helps me out!! I'm only 15 and im just looking at some different schools. But I also would like to major in Accounting and become a CPA. I have a lot of goals even at my age and I know that staying focus is a big part of achieving my goals.
Staying focus is something that I really need to work on!! I'm sure i'll get it by the time I go to college!!

Thanks!

Blogger Blinkin said...

Hey Anderson;
I was wandering how you do it man. I have had some issues with focus and my mana can sometimes get down and I loose interest in things. How do you survive being a freshman at such a famous university wit so much stuff going on around you in order to keep up with the demands of your classes and your personal life at the same time. What do you do about all that. Can you make your next blog what you like and or what you don't like about UT or what you would like to see changed. Besides all the construction that is going on everywhere. Thanks man;

John

Blogger Holly said...

John,

I am officially a junior at this prestigious university and i can tell you that what EVERYBODY hates about this school is the BIG ORANGE SCREW...yes this school is a wonderful school to attend as long as you have the money to attend it. All they really care about is taking every lil penny you have; however, I do LOVE this school!!! I love the environment here...it is somewhat friendly and there is usually always something to do, people to meet, and a place to study or take time out for yourself!!!!

Hope this helps,
Holly

Blogger t3chn0n3rd said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Have a good summer

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home