Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Friday, January 23, 2009

*GROWTH*


Growth...a six letter word that brings a lot of responsibility with it. Growth is very essential in life, especially in College. Every day that I live, my main goal is to grow into a better young man than I was the day before. To be able to make it through college you must let yourself grow in more ways than one, and also not be afraid of the growth process because at times it can, and will be a little painful. I arrived here at UT on August 17,2007, and ever since that day I have grown and have evolved so much! I have learned and have gotten better with using my time wisely, I have experienced a lot of things as well as being tested in more ways than one. That is the basic fundamentals of College, which is to test you in every aspect of life in order to prepare you for your next step in life. I once was told from a lady at my church that "without struggle there is no progress, and without progress there is no growth." I remembered her words and I understand why she told me that because everyday you will have some sort of an obstacle that you must overcome, and only the strong and those willing to grow overcome those obstacles. By learning through living is when you GROW!

• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home