Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Monday, July 13, 2009

*JUNIOR YEAR*


I have now been in Knoxville for two years attending school and as I am walking into my third year I have realized how much I have grown since August 17, 2007. They say that you never forget the dates that shape your life, and August 17th is one of those dates for me because it was the day that my mother fully let her oldest child go so that I can grow into my own. As I hugged and kissed my mother before she left campus on her way back to Memphis, I told her...mama's little boy is on his way to becoming mama's man! As I am entering into my third year of undergrad, I thank GOD every single day for the struggles that I have gone through, and even those struggles that I will go through because I believe that without struggle, there is no progress and through overcoming your struggle you find strength, and in finding strength you find your self and the way to make it. Its only a month and a half left before my Fall semester of my junior year starts and I see my self really growing into the leader that I am, and I am also doing the things that GOD has planned for me. I take on my junior year with my shirt called strength, my pants called prayer, my face called faith, and my book called the BIBLE...So I end this blog by saying.....NO STRUGGLE, NO PROGRESS!

• • •

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anderson,
Wow, you really pumped me up when I read this! I am so glad you are keeping God number one in your life! I am a senior at a small high school and am a little afraid of going to a huge school like UT. After reading this though I know I can make it as long as I keep God number one and stay strong in my faith! Thanks =)

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home